Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institute,on establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution's system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
Members (IQAC members for a period of Five years with effect from 20/10/2015:)
|1.||Dr. R.H. Sonaye||Principal,||Chairpersonemail@example.com
|2.||Dr. Dhananjay Sontakke||Dept. Of Sociology||Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3.||Shri Sharadbhau Deshmukh||Chairman, BD Foundation||Management Member|
|4.||Dr. B.K.Khadse||Secretary, BD Foundation||Management Member|
|5.||Dr. Vilas Deshmukh||Principal Yeshwant Mahavidyalaya, Wardha||External Memberemail@example.com|
|6.||Dr. Kishor Aher||Principal Yeshwant Mahavidyalaya, Seloo||External Member|
|7.||Dr. Soham Pandya||Director, Center of Science of Villages, Dattapur||Community Representativefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|8||Shri. Prabhakar Pusadkar||Director, Research and training, Nayi Talim Sevagram||Community Representativeemail@example.com|
|9.||Mrs. Bharati Gomase||Director, National Adventure Foundation, Nagpur||Community Representative|
|10.||Dr. Anita Deshmukh||Dept. Of Marathi||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|11.||Dr. Malini Wadatkar||Dept. Of Political Science||Memberemail@example.com|
|12.||Dr. Sudhakar Sonone||Dept. Of Economics||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|13.||Dr. Pratibha Taksande||Lirarian||Memberemail@example.com|
|14.||Dr. Priyaraj Maheshkar||Dept. Of History||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|15.||Prof. Sonali Sirbhate||Director Of Physical Education||Member|
|16.||Shri Vednath Chaudhari||Head Clerk||Memberemail@example.com|
|17.||Shri Dinesh Bhagat||Clerk||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|18.||Miss Kanchan Masram||Student||Member|
|19.||Miss Swati Satpute||Student||Member|
|20.||Mrs. Shraddha Bhoyar Deshmukh||Alumni||Member|
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the Priyadarshini Mahila Mahavidyalaya);
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The IQAC shall have the following functions
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the College;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of college, leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of college for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices;
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in college;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the college based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC ) in the prescribed format;
- In terms of UGC Regulations 2010, IQAC shall act as the Documentation and Record-Keeping cell, including assistance in the development of the API criteria based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) proforma using the indicative template separately developed by the UGC. In order to facilitate the process, all teachers shall submit the duly filled-in PBAS proforma to the IQAC annually;
- Any other assignment by the Principal
- The AQAR shall be approved by the statutory bodies of college (such as Local Management Council) for the follow up action for necessary quality enhancement measures.
- The College shall regularly submit the AQARs to the NAAC.
- College shall submit AQARs and follow up reports of AQARs to the UGC as and when called for.
- The IQAC must create its exclusive window on its institutional website, to regularly report on its activities, as well as for hosting the AQAR.